After the success of our “Barbie Sonnet” non-contest contest, here’s a new one:
“An Ode to the Pumpkin Spice Latte” .
Despite the oding, please feel free to submit prose. Here are some details you might want to know:
1. Write a poem or a short-short (less than 300 words) about the world-famous pumpkin spice latte.
2. Edit it. This is an important step that some of you sometimes forget because of the “non” part of the non-contest name. However, you still want to edit.
3. Look at our Tumblr page this week as we roll out the winner and runners-up of the “Barbie Sonnet” contest at themissourireview.tumblr.com
3. Email your ode to us at email@example.com by noon, Sep. 25th.
4. Sit back and wait for the results.
5. Celebrate your free digital subscription should you win.
6. Return to the dark recesses of your mind where writers live, and plot your winning entry for our next non-contest contest.
7. Get a pumpkin spice latte.